Monday, January 27, 2014

Toboggan


This pom-pom toboggan from Greenola is a perfect break from all the berets I've been wearing recently. It's also better for pulling over your ears in this abysmal cold. These alpaca hand warmers, also from Greenola, I've fallen in love with. I don't wear gloves unless I have to, since I enjoy the full use of my fingers, so these finger-less mittens (if you will) are a great alternative. 

I've always had an affinity for pom-pom hats, which probably has something to do with reading an excess of Where's Waldo? as a child.

These photos were taken on our first venture outside in days, and it felt great to get some fresh air! When we can, we've been hiding inside from the chill, eating potato or rice-based meals and drinking tea.
dress: asos
hat // gloves: c/o greenola
scarf: gift
jacket: modcloth (old)
tights: target (old)
boots: sears (old)

8 comments:

  1. I love the embroidery on the dress and a pom-pom just adds the finishing touch of cute to a hat :) I hope you manage to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos. I especially love the last one, so beautiful. And the embroidery detailing on your dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Waldo comment made me laugh. Fun embroidery on the dress, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad it made you laugh, but seriously - I'm a little worried at how much the cartoons and comics I consumed as a child have affected my brain!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh I adore this, I almost bought that dress a while ago but was unsure. But it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! Interesting that you were drawn to this dress too! I always like to be sure of something before I buy it as well.

      Delete
  5. that's funny, i get crazy cold and am in little mitten when it's like 50 degrees, which means only mornings/evenings over here. i'm sure glad we won't have to live anywhere actually cold anytime soon, although all your pictures make me crave a trip to the south! i love this dress so much on you, esp here w/ the blazer/scarf combo, and that beanie is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingerless gloves are the best. I hate not being able to use my fingers but I want to keep my hands warm!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.