Friday, January 24, 2014

January Potpourri

Here are just a few of the spectacular outfit posts I found inspiring this month (t-b, l-r):
  1. Alive as Always: Late Christmas
  2. Un petit fauve: Fwosh
  3. Merci Petite: Wine
  4. L'armadio del delitto: Montagna Vintage
  5. My Peach Days: Grow from Less of Yourself to More of Yourself
  6. Blooming Leopold: cocoon coat
Dinner: We celebrated New Years Day with some local American Chinese cuisine. It just seemed right!
Breakfast: I've gotten into the routine of eating half a grapefruit for breakfast. I never used to like grapefruit, but sometime in early December I decided they tasted - well, like Christmas (probably because growing up, we'd always have a box of oranges and grapefruit for Christmas sent by some friend or relative). Anyway, over the past two months I've developed a strange grapefruit addiction. But recently I tried my first Red Pummelo, which I thought even better- being milder and lacking some of the bitterness found in grapefruit. Do you like this South/Southeast Asian citrus fruit?
Red Pummelo
Blogging: I sure many of you noticed the loss of images on the blog late last month, explained here. This included the design elements and all the photos in posts going back to October! I've gone back and tediously put all the images back, but since there were so many, not all of them are in the original order, and not all of them are the original images - I just couldn't remember all of them! One or two posts I simply took down, and one or two I combined (nature images + outfit). But for the most part, everything is restored, and I'll definitely be more careful when messing around in the Google+ photo albums!
2013 Outfit Evaluation: I started a tumblr for outtakes from the blog, art, and inspiring misc. If you are so inclined to follow, it is here. It seems like a good place to post things that don't exactly fit here - mini-posts and such. For instance, I posted my favorite outfits from 2013. This exercise was great for seeing what I actually wore over and and over, what was a good investment, ect. I was a little surprised that almost all my favorite looks were autumnal/wintry. 11/12 had at least one thrifted or second-hand element, and I wore tights in 11/12. Looking back, I think I'll definitely be branching out more when warm weather arrives.

10 comments:

  1. WHAAAAATTTT???? you've been my chictopian girl crush for a long time, this is an honor and I'm fangirling the day away today!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Mutual fangirling!! For some reason I just recently found your blog and I'm in love!

      Delete
  2. Ohh exciting, new bloggers to follow! Love this peek at your favorite looks. I agree you exhibit many fall colors in your outfits, but they look incredible on you, so it's totally ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! I love it when people find new bloggers here!!

      Delete
  3. those are some great looks you found! i def re-pinned a lot : ). also,i find my fav looks in fall/winter as well, adding some fun layers always spices up outfits nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I just checked out the 6 blogs that you had posted and found some new sites that I am going to start following. I love when some of your favourite blogs lead you to new favourite blogs. :-)))

    Emory

    helloscarlettblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the autumn-y looks don't surprise me that much because that is what I associate your style with- items look more autumny. Partially this might be because autumn looks tend towards the very classic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled to be included here! I've been a fan of your blog and style for so long! ♡♡♡

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, so much wonderful inspiration and so many new blogs to check out! Thanks for sharing! :)

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for including me, lady! Loving the other bloggers' outfits too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.