Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm

vintage pink plaid coat
This funny tam was my mother's - from the 70s or early 80s. She was going to toss it out some years ago but I rescued it. How could I resist? It's so goofy and wonderful - the mother of "chunky knits."

This vintage pink plaid coat from the Hello Mr. Rabbit Shop always makes me feel a little like Mary Tyler Moore. At least the "Love is All Around" theme pops into my head when I wear it. My smile is a little too grim for turning on the world, but at least this coat is extremely warm!

Aileen Stanley - I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm, 1937
  
Navy tam, vintage pink coat
Navy tam, vintage pink coat
dress (unseen) // tights: asos
handwarmers: c/o greenola
boots: second-hand
tam: vintage

8 comments:

  1. that coat is fantastic! and i'm really amazed you're just in normal tights w/ all that snow. it sure is gorgeous and how sweet is this song (although kinda making me sad w/ my love in Austin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, shortly after these photos were taken we cut our walk short and went back home. It was just too cold! But it helps that this coat is super thick - it's heavier than it looks.

      Glad you liked the song! Love songs and all things romantic are a little sad when you're away from your love, aren't they? :-(

      Delete
  2. Love the song and that tam - super cute! You are just so beautiful girl!

    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo pretty and that winter landscape, I'm a little jealous, I have to live in this never ending colombian summer. Oh!! and I love your hair!!! You look amazing with every color. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hear lots of 'rules' about what redheads can and can't wear, but I think redheads can wear any color. :-)

      Delete
  4. More coat inspiration for me! I really need to get a new one, but coats are so hard to buy - I'm just too picky. I really like this style though - actually I just love coats on anyone else but myself.

    *Just quickly googling the word 'tam'...' - It's a cute one ;)

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm picky too, I think last year I just happened to have good luck with coats, but recently I think my thrifty luck has run out. Oh well! :-)

      Delete