Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Walk in the Woods

plaid coat, navy beret
I should probably structure my wardrobe around outfits for walking in the woods.

We had one rare warm day last weekend, and while my husband was walking around in a t-shirt, I opted for this light plaid coat and a beret. Do you ever turn up the cuffs on your jeans? My sister and I are the same height - a little over 5'7," but she has trouble finding jeans that are long enough, while mine are usually too long. I've thought of hemming them, but sometimes I like to scrunch up skinny jeans - or wear them cuffs turned up - like this.
plaid coat, navy beret

plaid coat: kitsune closet
beret // bag: thrifted
striped shirt: second-hand (similar)
boots: sears (old)
jeans: target (old, similar)

9 comments:

  1. How nice that you got some warmer weather. I think the jeans look very nice with the cuffs turned up on you. I myself am only 5'3" so it is very hard for me to find jeans that are the right length. Usually I have to roll the cuffs up two or three times. I wish when I do it that it would look as cute as it does on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like turned up cuffs and did that all the time to a pair of jeans I got this summer...which unfortunately didn't fit well up top so they have to go.... sad.... at any rate, you look adorable in this.

    But what I really wanted to say, was that coat reminded me of Lauren Becall in To Have and Have Not. Yes, you look like her! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last photo, the light in the woods is utterly gorgeous. I am also loving the smart coat for the walk.
    As someone who is 5'2" I don't even have jeans because I have too weird a body shape for them these days. I can't find non-skinny jeans anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beret! And the boots + rolled cuff on the jeans combination is perfect. Love.
    xo, Tori Lynne
    http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coat is absolutely amazing! And your beret is just the perfect little accessory!

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. At 4'11" I often have to cuff up my jeans! Luckily I like how they look like that. I really really love your coat here and how adorable your beret is. I'm definitely going to need to wear a beret this weekend! I've neglected them all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that coat and the first picture is so lovely! I often turn up my jean cuffs, mostly because I like the contrast and it gets very warm here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same issues with pants, one of the hiccups of being short! The cuffs look great turned up and that plaid coat is fantastic! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are lovely and have a timeless quality. xx

    http://cocotheactorthatwouldbe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete