Friday, May 3, 2013

Seersucker

Here's another basic outfit. I consider all the elements here (except for the hair bow) basics I can mix and match with almost everything in my wardrobe. It's also an example of transition - a summery, seersucker dress with brown brogues and tights. A cardigan finishes the look. The tights and cardigan are necessary in the recent cold, gray weather, but at least the trees are decked out in vibrant greens.
seersucker dress: american apparel
leather brogues: thrifted
tights: target (old)
red burlap bow: diy

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty, pretty dress!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so so so pretty! And I love the setting of the pictures!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how utterly timeless the look is, and the simplicity allows the details-like those buttons- to shine. It is elegant yet unstudied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is perfect! I love the low v and buttons in the back. Your cardigan is so classic and comfy-looking too. Simple pieces are often the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the chunky brogues you have here! As Kristian says above, the whole outfit is really timeless, and it looks a little time lord assistant to me! Good running through the woods look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size did you get in this dress? I want to buy it, but I'm unsure if I should go with a small or medium. My measurements are 34-26-36.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Those are MY measurements too! I'm a little over 5'7." The medium fits well. I saw some folks complaining in the reviews that to fit in the bust, it's too loose in the waist, but that was not the case with me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the help. I'm just under 5'7" so I think it'll fit similarly on me.

      Delete
  7. You look so beautiful, like a woodland princess!

    I love how the buttons are on the back of the dress, adds something whimsical to the whole look. x

    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.