Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring? Is that You?

These shots were snapped on a walk - the weather was wonderfully clement - but I actually wore this outfit on a lunch date earlier that day. There's a bit of recycling going on in this outfit. This is my dress-from-a-recycled-flour-sack - this time worn with a white collar shirt underneath and a tweed(ish) jacket on top. You probably won't recognize these ASOS navy tights from here, but they used to be white, then I dyed them blue, then black - which resulted in navy. They're such nice tights, but I decided I really didn't like the bright blue. I'll get a lot more wear out of them now. I love wearing a spring dresses with boots. I think the tights help tie it all together.
After so much formidable weather, I was happy and surprised to see these little jonquils on my walk.
liz alig dress: greenheart shop
jacket/heandband: modcloth
tights: asos (modified)
lace-up boots: sears
white collar shirt: second-hand
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with that dress! What a great piece! And I can feel spring approaching, I'm so eager for it to arrive! Those daffodils are such a cheery sight! :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You flour bag dress, right? Looks great with that wool coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress! Spring finally came to Romania also...I'm so glad! We had a loooong winter!

    Mamalina'

    http://dresssidestory.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that lovely flour sack dress! It's so incredible! So great your purchase helps support artisans as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute transitional outfit. Your dress is adorable with your navy tights and classic tweed jacket. I'm loving your headband too!

    ReplyDelete