Sunday, December 30, 2012

Brightness in Winter

These colors are bold for October, but a New Year is approaching and a New Year is for trying new things. October was grateful to recently get a box of hand-me-down clothes from a kind relative. October tries to keep a small, organized closet, so when she receives a box of hand-me-downs, she only keeps what she's sure of wearing and tosses something else from her closet. October thinks donating a box of clothing at this time is a great symbol of sending off baggage from last year to make room for better things in the new.

Being in the unusual position of an adult who still gets hand-me-downs from relatives gives October the opportunity to try pieces she would pass by in a store - like this sweater vest. After trying it on, she was surpised that she loved it!
October wishes you a safe and glorious New Year.
skirt: modcloth
coat: thrifted
sweater vest: hand-me-down
turtle-neck: hand-me-down
boots: sears
tights: target
hat: k-mart
scarf: knitted by a friend

2 comments:

  1. That last photo needs to be framed and put somewhere in October's house! It's beautiful and inspiring :) I think this outfit is daring but perfect for you, hon...the mix of patterns is AMAZING and I adore the vest/skirt look.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    Check out my flatiron GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute photos.. that forrest looks magical!
    happy new year for you too..all the best for 2013

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.